Trade Review 2022
spiritsEUROPE represents European spirits producers. Trade is of critical importance to our sector: 2/3 of our sales in value are generated outside of the EU.
Every year, we organise a trade event in Brussels to showcase our export performance, take stock of the latest developments affecting our members’ trade activities and discuss how trade policy can support the continuous growth of our exports.
The theme of this year’s event was the role that trade (and trade policy) can play as part of a sustainable recovery, in light of unprecedented economic and geopolitical challenges (from COVID to growing trade and geopolitical tensions and the war in Ukraine). With the heal pf great panelists, we explored the impact of these challenges on companies’ operations, prospects and needs – and in turn, trade policy, as well as the implications and opportunities stemming from
new strategies with fast growing regions – not least the EU Indo-Pacific strategy. We also focused on the role that trade policy could play to support industry’s efforts to
increase their resilience through greater diversification of exports.
- Welcome - Ulrich Adam, Director General of spiritsEUROPE
- Keynote speech - Michael Scannell, Deputy Director General at European Commission, Directorate General for Agriculture and Rural Development
- Trade Review 2022 - Presentation by Pauline Bastidon, Director, Trade & Economic Affairs- spiritsEUROPE
Moderator: Darya Galperina - Chairwoman of the International Trade Committee of spiritsEUROPE & Head of International Trade, Pernod Ricard SA
- Eduardo Bryant Cerezo, Economic and Trade Counsellor - Permanent Representation of Spain to the European Union
- Gunnar Wiegand, Managing Director for the Asia and the Pacific - European External Action Service (EEAS)
- Julia Nielson, Deputy Director - Trade & Agriculture Directorate, OECD
- Luisa Santos, Deputy Director General - Business Europe
- Nicolas Ozanam, Director General of FEVS (Fédération des Exportateurs de Vins et Spiritueux)
Follow us on Twitter @spiritsEUROPE / #SpiritOfRecovery