We hosted our annual Spirits Summit entirely virtually for the 1st time!
Among others, the summit heard from:
- David O’Sullivan, former EU Ambassador to the United States, who emphasised that the EU has a small window to reset transatlantic relations with the United States;
- Ignacio Garcia Bercero, Director at DG Trade, who argued that the EU cannot afford to become insular and needs to pursue its offensive trade interests;
- Marie-Pierre Vedrenne, MEP, who said that, amidst an international environment of trade tensions, the EU remains committed to multilateral solutions; and
- Claire Bury, Deputy Director General at DG Sante, who underlined that digital labelling could help consumers make more sustainable choices and reduce their environmental footprint.
The Spirits Summit is a favourite fixture in the Brussels winter calendar. Although we all missed the opportunity to gather this year in good company and good cheer over a cocktail, we were delighted to have an excellent audience, not to mention superb speakers and a challenging agenda.
Across two panels – focused on what’s next for EU Trade Policy and the importance of digital innovation for a sustainable post-COVID recovery – we heard from leading experts and were left with fresh insights.
The Covid crisis has taught us a lot about our own sector, and we recognize that the priorities of our consumers will adapt post-pandemic. We are determined to make it more sustainable and more technologically advanced to respond to recent trends.
- A summary of the proceedings has been posted on Twitter using the hashtag #SpiritsSummit and a full recording of all sessions can be found here.
- Full Programme of the Summit: click here
- Biography of speakers: click here