Mission & Objectives
Centuries of skill, culture and tradition go into making the fine spirits our industry produces.
spiritsEUROPE proudly represents one of Europe’s most valuable agri-food export sectors and, with it, the interests of 31 associations of spirits producers as well as 9 leading multinational companies. Distilled spirits are as diverse as the EU itself, spanning 47 product categories and including a host of geographically-specific products that contribute to the culture of their regions (240 GIs).
spiritsEUROPE’s mission is to represent, defend and promote the European spirits sector and help members achieve sustainable business growth.
spiritsEUROPE objectives are to:
- Promote understanding of the EU spirits industry to European & international decision-makers, notably of its vital economic role.
- Defend the freedom to produce and market spirits in a responsible way by securing appropriate legislative conditions for production, marketing, distribution and sale of spirits in Europe.
- Secure no discriminatory treatment of spirits in comparison to other alcoholic beverages.
- Secure free and fair access to third country markets.
- Encourage the industry to implement high standards for marketing communications.
- Stimulate responsible drinking across the EU.
- Identify and share good practices across the EU with those involved in harm-reduction prevention programmes.
- Provide online meaningful information to consumers ranging from calorie information to alcohol content and responsible drinking messaging.