Head of Advocacy, Partnerships & Campaigns
spiritsEUROPE is looking for an experienced, ambitious & highly motivated candidate to fill the position of Head of Advocacy, Partnerships & Campaigns (starting date: immediate).
Reporting directly to the Director General (DG), the Head of Advocacy, Partnerships & Campaigns, is responsible for:
- Assisting the DG and the Secretariat team in developing and implementing strategies and initiatives in the areas of responsible consumption and alcohol & health
- Establishing and maintaining excellent contacts with EU institutions, international bodies, NGOs and partner organisations, to exchange information and to identify best practices, common interests, and concerns
- Building and maintaining close contacts with, and communicating all relevant information to, the members of spiritsEUROPE
- Support member associations in developing and implementing their strategies in the areas of responsible consumption and alcohol and health, and enhancing best practice exchange
- Devise and draft positions, publications and materials – and effectively communicate these to relevant audiences
- Preparing and driving relevant committee and working group meetings
- Reporting on meeting outcomes & recommending and shaping course of action
- At least 5 years work experience on communications & advocacy-related issues
- Impeccable and proven drafting skills in English, additional language(s) will be an asset
- Communications and project managements skills (to manage working relationships with external agencies and different stakeholders)
- Self-starter and team worker
- A passion for, and good working knowledge of, the political/regulatory environment affecting the spirits sector
spiritsEUROPE’s mission is to represent the interests of the European spirits sector – producers, importers and distributors. Its membership includes 31 associations and 9 leading international companies.
Applications with a letter of motivation and CV should be addressed to the Director General and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 April 2019. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Internships / Stagiaires at spiritsEUROPE
spiritsEUROPE is a Brussels-based organisation whose mission is to represent the interests of the European spirits sector - producers, importers and distributors. To do this, we carry out all of the usual activities associated with industry representations: collecting information from 'Brussels' and across our membership, condensing it into bite-sized, easily digestible chunks for our members; meeting policy-makers as and whenever necessary to make our point of view heard and understood.
From time to time, we augment our 7-person office with interns. Are you interested? Do you fit the profile of person we are looking for?
The successful intern supports the day-to-day work of the spiritsEUROPE team in:
- monitoring and collecting information;
- condensing the information into internal and external communication tools;
- helping create common positions on developing policies of concern/interest;
- helping to organise meetings and events with members and other stakeholders.
- University degree
- Good understanding of the EU Institutions (policy processes etc.)
- Excellent oral and written English - French will be an asset
- Strong team spirit, communication skills and flexibility
- Ability to work in a small, multilingual environment
- A quick learner with a mature and responsible attitude
Please note: we can only take in those interns who are still students, as we are required by Belgian law to sign a convention of internship with the university (une ‘convention de stage’)
Recruitment for September 2019 is open. If you are interested, please submit a CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com.