The Spirits Summit & Cocktail 2018
Personnal invitations have been sent yesterday for one of the famous event in Brussels: the spirits Summit & Cocktail 2018
Migration and refugees, rise of populism, trade wars, Brexit… the EU currently faces an array of unprecedented political and economic challenges. At the same time, the big “changeover year” of 2019 is looming, with all its uncertainties. As the European spirits sector, we however prefer to consider the glass half-full. Our sector has ambitious plans for sustainable growth in the coming years. In order to succeed, these plans should be matched and supported by an ambitious enabling policy framework in Europe. With this in mind - and in the wake of the current challenges - how can a strong spirit of ambition be instilled in EU policymaking? And what would an ambitious, forward-looking EU policy agenda for our sector look like?
- Welcome by Christian Porta, President of spiritsEUROPE
- Major trends and challenges driving the spirits sector in the years to come Maria Castroviejo, Senior Analyst - Beverages - Rabobank
- Panel discussion moderated by Florence Ranson
We believe in a united Europe governed by strong institutions that shape and devise ambitious policies supporting jobs & growth across Europe. With the end-ofterm
for the Commission and elections looming in 2019, panelists will provide their perspective of the last five years, the political changeover and the next term,
discussing key questions around a seamlessly functioning Single Market, Brexit & future relationship EU-UK, global trade leadership, digitisation for all , etc.
• John Clarke, Director, Directorate A, DG AGRI - European Commission
• John Kennedy, President Europe, Turkey and India - Diageo
• Angélique Delahaye, Member of the European Parliament
• James Crisp, Brussels correspondent - Daily Telegraph
- Closing remarks by Ulrich Adam, Director General - spiritsEUROPE
- Annual Cocktail